Curtin University Scholarship recognizes that you may be impacted by the travel restrictions to Australia due to the Novel Coronavirus and offers you the Starter Support Scholarship to provide financial assistance to support you in those circumstances
Curtin University Student type
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
Curtin University Citizenship
- International Student
- Need Based
This scholarship category awards any student commencing in semester 2 2021 who are unable to travel to Western Australia due to border and/or travel restrictions.. All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 50 credits to be eligible. Students enrolled in a full time course load of 100 credit points in Semester 2, 2021 will receive AUD$5,000.
Students who are current or previous recipients of CI Merit/AY12/Alumni & Family/Diplomatic Scholarships or one of the Faculty Scholarships will receive AUD$2,000. All other students will receive a pro-rated amount equivalent to one of the following:
– Enrolled in 50 credit points AUD$2,000 reduction
– Enrolled in 75 credit points AUD$3,750 reduction
– Enrolled in 100 credit points AUD$5,000 reduction
Curtin University Eligible courses
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All Postgraduate degrees (by coursework only) available to international students
Please see Curtin’s website for more information about courses.
This Curtin University Scholarship is only for:
- Students studying online, outside of Western Australia for Semester 2, 2021 or other applicable study periods commencing in the second-half of 2021.
- Students commencing (and continuing) a full Curtin undergraduate or postgraduate by coursework program
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is NOT available for Australian citizens
- Is NOT for students who are studying onshore in Australia
- Only applies to units enrolled with one of Perth WA Campuses
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account during the semester and cannot be accessed or refunded to the recipient in cash
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- CANNOT be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2021 start date
- CANNOT be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Will NOT be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents.
Students can also apply to Curtin online.
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Starter Support Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed