If you want to continue your master’s studies at the Sheffield campus, there is no harm in trying the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships scholarship program. This postgraduate scholarship is the result of the university’s collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development. The target is applicants from developing countries, one of which is Indonesia. As a form of strong commitment to international development.
There are ten (10) full Masters scholarship seats provided by the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarship this year. Scholarship recipients will receive postgraduate tuition fee waivers while studying at The University of Sheffield as well as university accommodation and a monthly living allowance.
Interested applicants can apply directly online and complete the application requested by the university, without having to submit a separate scholarship application. Further details are provided below.
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Requirements:
- You must secure an offer on one of the following courses of the University of Sheffield in 2021 with a deadline to be confirmed:
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH (Master in Public Health) International Development
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
• MA International Relations
• MA Social Research
• MA International Political Economy
- You must be classified as a foreign national who requires tuition fees
- You have to pay for yourself to receive this scholarship, for example it is not funded by research institutions, governments, private companies, charitable organizations or the like
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with other funding scholarships, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your attendance mode must be full-time
- You must start your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2021. This scholarship is not deferrable
- Acceptance of the scholarship must successfully meet any of the requirements attached to your offer by the deadline given by the Admissions Service.
- Acceptance of the scholarship is subject to successful receipt of a study visa at the University by September 2021.
- You must be a citizen, or reside permanently in an eligible country
Applications for postgraduate scholarships at the University of Sheffield do not require a separate application. You only need to enroll in one of the masters programs listed above on the website of the University of Sheffield. If you are successful in being offered or accepted to study at the University of Sheffield, you will be automatically considered for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. If you are selected at the final stage, you will be contacted again. At this stage the panelists can ask for your short personal statement to support the application.
On the other hand, if you do not receive an email asking to submit a personal scholarship statement, it means that you are not selected for the scholarship.
The final decision for those who are asked to submit applications will be notified at a later date.