The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship program (LExS) is now open again for courses starting in 2022. This scholarship offers a number of MA, MSc and LLM degree programs at Leiden University (Universiteit Leiden). International applicants including Indonesia are welcome to apply. One of the uniqueness of this scholarship, participants are not open to citizens of the European Union or European Economic Area. If you are one of those who are looking for a master’s scholarship in the Netherlands 2022, consider joining this LExS scholarship offer.
LExS is a tuition scholarship in the form of tuition fees, from half to full. The value of the scholarships obtained depends on the selection assessment, as well as the availability of funds in each faculty. The value of each scholarship awarded starts from €10,000, €15,000, as well as the full tuition fee minus the compulsory tuition fee. Selected candidates only receive tuition fee assistance, while other costs such as living expenses are the responsibility of the scholars.
Applications for Leiden University Masters scholarships are now open for courses starting in February 2022 or September 2022. Applicants can apply for all study programs at Leiden University with the exception of the LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
Faculties offering for The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship :
Governance and Global Affairs
Social and Behavioral Sciences
African Studies Center
International Institute for Asian Studies
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Requirements:
1. Have satisfactory academic achievements and are relevant to the master’s program to be applied for. The student is included in the best 10% of graduates in the previous study program.
2. Hold a non-EU/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) passport and do not receive a loan or study grant in the Netherlands
3. Scholarships do not apply to applicants who have earned a master’s degree at Leiden University
4. Students who receive LExS scholarships must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement according to the terms and conditions attached before the scholarship is awarded
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Application documents:
1. Copy of official passport or KTP
2. Motivation letter
3. Copies of diplomas and transcripts
4. Copy of TOEFL, IELTS or CPE certificate
5. Recent CV (resume)
6. Two letters of recommendation
7. Other supporting documents (Check the program page)
The requested application document may have additions/differences for each program. You can check it at www.leiden.edu
The scholarship application is also an application to Leiden University. Applicants do not need to submit a separate application. Register yourself first on the Leiden University website online. Complete the registration form. After that, attach the application documents listed above.
When filling out the application form, specifically in the ‘scholarship’ column, applicants need to mention that you want to apply for the LExS Scholarship. Do the same if you apply for more than one master’s program. Still on the application form, also attach a letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) specifically for the scholarship that contains why you need to be considered for the LExS scholarship.
The registration deadline is October 1, 2021 for lectures starting in February 2022. And no later than February 1, 2022 for lectures starting in September 2022.