For those of you who are D3 or S1 students, this is one of the domestic scholarships that is currently being opened. Van Deventer-Maas Stitching (VDMS) Scholarship. Scholarships for D3 and S1 students are regularly offered, especially for VDMS partner universities and colleges. There are around 36 VDMS scholarship partner universities. For example, UGM, ITB, IPB, ITS, Unpad, Unair, Unand, USU, etc.
The VDMS Scholarship or also known as the YVDMI Scholarship is offered regularly. What’s interesting about this scholarship is that it is given until the end of the study period according to educational standards. Unless if they are unable to maintain their performance (GPA less than 3.00), the scholarship can be terminated.
What can I get from the VDMS 2020 – 2021 scholarship? Scholarship recipients will receive an education fund of Rp. 650,000 every month to be paid to a personal account, then given a one-time TOEFL Bonus (if any) of Rp. 381,000 and a On-Time Pass Bonus (S1 of Rp. 650,000 and D3 of Rp. 550,000), as well as getting personal capacity building training (Capacity Building) through a selection process – all training costs are borne by the Van Deventer-Maas Indonesia Foundation.
- 1st – 3rd year undergraduate students and 1st – 2nd year D3 students
- Maximum age 27 years
- Coming from an economically disadvantaged family (as evidenced by SKTM and / or a recommendation letter from the campus stating the financial condition / economic capacity of the student concerned)
- GPA ≥ 3.00
- Departments: Agriculture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Architecture, Arts and Culture, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Communication, Economics, Education, Engineering, Languages, Management, Forestry, Geography, Health / Medicine, History, Informatics, Statistics, etc. (except Law, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Religion, and Theology)
- Active in organizations or in the community
- Fluent in English is preferred
- Not currently receiving other scholarships
- List of required document (Download)
- (Preferred) Certificate of Disability (SKTM) / Certificate of Economic Condition issued by the Kelurahan or letter of recommendation / reference explaining your economic condition from the University (Rector / Dean / Head of Study Program)
- Official salary slip of parent / guardian from a government or private institution (if both parents / guardians work, PLEASE attach both salary slips, maximum of the last 2 months) or a certificate of employment and income of the parent / guardian, signed by the student’s parent / guardian concerned (on the seal) and legalized by the Kelurahan.
- The last transcript with the latest GPA score
- Photocopy of KTP
- Photocopy of Student Identity Card (KTM)
- Photocopy of Family Card (KK)
- Photocopy of front page of bank books under the name of the student
- Photocopy of electricity bill or domicile home telephone (maximum of the last 2 months)
- An essay in English which explains:
- about yourself, your family, studies, organizational activities and your accomplishments (if any).
- why should VDMI choose you for a scholarship?
- what do you expect if you are selected to be a VDMS scholarship recipient?
- what can you give to the environment and society after you finish receiving the scholarship and graduate from college?
(Minimum 1.5 A4 pages, Font: Palatino Linotype, Size 11, Space 1).
- Photograph 4 x 6
Before applying for a scholarship, make sure that your university is on the VDMS scholarship Partner List. If it is listed, then do the following steps to apply for the scholarship.
First, applicants first register online at the VDMS website.
Enter the active email used, then complete the form that must be filled online. When finished, check your email, do you get a message to proceed to stage 2. If you get a message to proceed to stage two, a link will be given to complete the second form. Keep in mind, only those who get the message to proceed to stage 2 can then send application documents to the university.
Second, prepare the application document above with a list of required documents. Then submit it to the person in charge of the VDMS scholarship on each campus. The name of the person in charge is listed on the list of VDMS scholarship partners.
Online registration for the VDMS Scholarship 2020 – 2021 is open from 10 February – 10 March 2020. Submission of application documents can also be asked directly to each campus. Announcement of selection results will be submitted no later than the end of June 2020. Please always be active email and cellphone contact numbers so that you can contact them at the time of the announcement.